The Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod School Accreditation (WELSSA) has established the standards for accrediting our Lutheran schools. These standards and the association have been formally recognized and approved by the National Council for Private School Accreditation. NCPSA is a member and participant with the regional accrediting associations as part of the CITA Alliance (Commission on International and Trans-Regional Accreditation). Through NCPSA and CITA recognition and agreements, cooperative accreditation and transferability of credits/grade placement are possible for students attending schools accredited by NCPSA members accrediting agencies.
Bethany received full WELSSA accreditation in September of 2006, and each following year WELSSA has reviewed and granted Bethany full accreditation status. In 2018, following a full self-study and visitation team review, Bethany was awarded the highest rating of Exemplary Accredication. As an accredited school, Bethany believes students benefit from being in a school that knows itself thoroughly. Consequently, the students benefit when their school undergoes objective evaluation. The student will also benefit from being in a school that constantly strives for improvement. We believe that our school must show stability and continuous improvement in striving to reach these goals.
Bethany has already been noted for meeting standards for:
• defining appropriate educational goals and providing programs to achieve them;
• maintaining a qualified faculty and an effective school organization;
• assessing outcomes of school experiences and controlling the quality of
• responding to concerns of parents and needs of the school community;
• providing for the continuity of its programs and planning for their future;
• describing with accuracy the content of its services and programs;
• developing plans and activities for continuous school improvement.
Bethany is fixed on continuing to meet these standards as well as striving to exceed them.